Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Girl!

I can't believe Keira is 1! One whole year gone! I definitely love the memories, but am reminded that babies don't stay babies forever. I feel so much joy and just a little bit of sadness. Keira has helped me to become a mother and I can't wait to see how she'll challenge me next :) It has been an amazing journey so far and can't believe I'm doing it all over again soon with #2! I love being a Mom!!

We had so much fun celebrating Keira's birthday early and in Arkansas of all places. If we didn't do it early, it would be the middle of June before we could another chance! So we organized a barbecue by the pool with the other married couples that are selling with us and of course, cake and ice cream for dessert! I had so much fun making her cake. It was my first attempt at using cake tips over the entire cake. Everyone loved the frosting, too (Thanks Amber). All the couples there were so nice to humor me with the birthday song and to celebrate with us. Thanks guys! You made it such a good 1st birthday! Because we took so long with the other festivities, we just opened presents the next morning. We were already extending her birthday...why not extend it more??!!

I know I've gone overboard with the ladybug theme, but I think I will finally retire it. (For those who don't know, her bedroom has ladybugs galore!)What a mess! I have pictures of her up close, but don't have the camera to download the pictures. Grrr!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

She is such a cute girl! if you wanna know what she's gonna challenge you with next come over here and Chloe will for sure help you out so you can be prepared for the worst!! ;) Good job on the cake, it looks so good!!

Rochelle said...

I love that you did a ladybug for her cake. It is so appropriate seeing as it was an important part of her first year! :) Happy Birthday pretty girl!

Mindy said...

Awesome cake!! I'm getting ready to try and start making some practice ones before the end of the month..and tips? :) Good luck getting ready for #2..you'll do awesome with 2!

The Horners said...

I was taken back because your hair was down! Hahaha, I always catch you with it up. So pretty! Looks like it was a fun party. Maybe next year we can celebrate with her! Happy Birthday baby girl!

MaryAnne and Thayne said...

No don't stop. Love Love her B-day cake.