Monday, January 28, 2008

Connecticut, here we come!

Rick had his company draft on Saturday and we're heading to Connecticut for the summer! We'll probably end up living in New Haven, which is south of Hartford about half an hour. It's also along the coast so there will be tons of activities for the girls to do. My favorite part? Yale-New Haven hospital is ranked in the top 15 hospitals in the nation. Our baby girl will be in great hands. I was nervous about having a baby away from home, but this puts me at ease that we found such a great hospital. Rick is especially excited about this area because Apx Alarm has never had an office there and no other companies (that we know of) will be there. Fresh meat! We've got the whole state to ourselves! Lots of new adventures await us!

7 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Hahaha! What a cool place! Connecticut is one of those places where I don't know anyone who is actually "from" there. I don't know if you do. But you definitely will soon, if not! Congrats.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I have always wanted to go there....looks like I'll get my chance come June! Tear 'em up Rick!

The McGraths said...

How exciting, you finally know where your baby will be born! :) I've heard it is very pretty there. What a fun adventure. Good Luck this summer Rick.

Middleton said...

Too bad I will be unable to visit (with new baby and all). You are only an hour away from Stacey (my sister). She lives in Westchester, NY. In fact she had her baby in Connecticut because the hospital there is so nice but it wasn't the one you mentioned.

Brett said...

Alright! East Coast rules!

We're only about 2 hours from New Haven, so we'll have to come for a visit or maybe meet up in NYC!!!

Bassetts said...

Brett - that would be sweet! Do you remember connect-i-"cut the cheese"? Nicole and I do :) Anyways, we'll definitely have to hook up!

Brett said...

Hahaha!!! Of course I remember, along with BO! Railroad and all that! I honestly don't think I've played through an entire game of monopoly since those summers in CA...