We had a fun and jam-packed holiday season. Once Rick's family arrived, there was never a dull moment. Most of Rick's extended family lives in Utah so there was a lot of snowboarding and paintballing going on. Just about every other day! Of course I found alternate forms of entertainment, but fine by me considering some days were 5 degrees at the slopes! Christmas Eve we had Rick's Mom's side of the family over for dinner (minus one aunt and family) and we put on a short play of the Christmas story. Rick and I were wise guys...I mean wisemen. We had Christmas morning at our house and Christmas afternoon with Judy-mom, Steve, and sister Nicole. My baby sure was happy with all that good home cooking! Ok I sure was happy with all that good home cooking. Food is my friend again :) While the Bassett clan was here, we were also able to go to temple square and see the lights. So amazing! Every year I am reminded of how beautiful it really is there.
After a week of fun, Rick's dad Craig and sister Elise headed home and we had mom Lynda and brother Dallin stay an extra week. They couldn't get enough of us! Fortunately for us, it was during our anniversary so we had free puppy-sitters for a few days! They were nice enough to take on our puppies (although no biggie considering they also have two Shih Tzu's!) and we spent a wonderful 3 days in Park City. We splurged a little...dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, massages, New Years Eve at the Canyons resort and a hot air balloon ride. I had a pregnancy massage and no joke, it is the best massage I have ever had! The hot air balloon ride was a first for both of us. It was pretty neat but pretty scary (my Dad would HATE it...yes we thought of you dad :) ). The Canyons have a fun New Years Eve party with a skiing/snowboarding jump competition, fireworks, and music and dancing. It was so fun! I didn't make it to midnight Utah time, but we did watch the ball drop at midnight New York time. That counts, right? We hope everyone had a wonderful season and good luck in the new year!
Temple Square
This is my favorite place on temple square (besides the temple of course)...the wading pool. It looks like glass and it was gorgeous because of the floating candles.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Park City
1 comment:
Actually, your dad would NOT hate it. We did a hot air balloon ride over Napa Valley one year for our anniversary and Dad loved it! It was so peaceful and calm, not at all what we expected. Great pix! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment