Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fast Sunday

Today is fast sunday. I have to say it was probably the best spiritual day I've had in a long time. Somehow I'm lacking in that department...probably due to my laziness. I enjoyed the incredibly bold spirit I felt today in sacrament meeting and then, by my great and pleasant surprise, my primary class was perfect!! Huge score all around. The point? I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. He is my Savior. I know he loves me. I know he has great blessings in store for me and my family as long as I listen and obey. He wants me to be happy, but wants to teach me and challenge me while I am on this road to eternal joy. Not everything comes easy. Not every question can be answered according to my timeline because His timeline is more important. I know that families can be together forever and for that, I'm beside myself in gratitude. With the love I feel for my children and husband, I couldn't bear the thought of ever being separated from them, especially for eternity. I'm grateful for fasting since I often have questions, needs, or challenges that I find need extra spiritual guidance. Although I'm a uncertain about what lies ahead, I know I don't need to feel frightened because Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will always be there.

Thanks for letting me put this out there and props to you for reading it! I do it for myself so I can look back since I keep this blog more as a journal than anything. Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Yay! I love it, sister. Love you lots. You're great!!!!

Gpa Paul said...

Nice to hear your testimony. Bearing it often fills that spiritual void that creeps in. Love you

Gpa Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.