Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lexi turns 4!

Shorty after our arrival home from our almost 2 weeks in California was Lexi's 4th birthday!  We had just a couple days to recover, but I had already planned specific activities for the cute birthday girl.  We try to do birthday donuts where we all go to pick up donuts together so we were able to go with Daddy real quick before work.

















Lexi loves everything art so later that morning we headed to Color Me Mine where you can pick a piece of pottery and paint it to your liking.  We invited Gramma Judy to join us since she is one of Lexi's favorite people in the whole world.  Of course, brother and sister came to.  Daddy had a lot of catch up at work so we saw him later.  Lexi picked an elephant and Keira picked an iguana.

























Lexi chose "noodles" for lunch so we ate at Noodles & Co followed by delicious frozen yogurt.






















I had come up with several ideas to finish up the fun day for the special girl.  I couldn't decide on any one thing.  So Gramma suggested riding the train since the kids have never ridden on a real train before.  Lexi loved the idea.  As we waited for it's arrival, the girls did a little exploring.  Lexi exclaimed "Mom!  It's a real phone!"  I was a little surprised she even knew what it was.  Smart girl.






















Cooper was most interested in the wheels of a nearby bike.















With some help from Gramma, we made a birthday spread complete with pink and purple cupcakes...Lexi's request.  And, of course, a chance to blow out a birthday candle.


















Here are some special notes about this cute Lexi girl:

  • Lexi knows how to make everyone laugh without even trying.  She. Is. Fun.  In public, she acts a little more shy, but when she's comfortable, she is hilarious.  It is in her nature.  A wonderful talent that keeps us giggling and happy in this house.
  • She is a snuggler.  I often here her ask if she can cuddle with me.  I never refuse...unless maybe when it's passed bedtime and I think she's stalling ;)  but even then I squeeze in a quick snuggle.
  • Lexi has a love for art.  She loves to paint, color, draw, or just doodle.  She'll be happy for over an hour sitting at the kitchen table, creatively coloring away.
  • This cutie is a home-body.  It helps remind me not to always find some excuse to run an errand.  It can wait.  She feels most comfortable at home.
  • She is a princess through and through.  A minimum of 4 outfits is the required wardrobe a day and almost always includes a princess dress.  She may be searching for her inner fashionista.
  • This princess loves to dance.  If she's not wearing a dress when we have family dance parties, she is off to find one to twirl in.  She also started a gymnastics class that she seems to enjoy.  We may have to go back to dance since she doesn't get enough of it.
  • Lexi still needs her naps.  It's unfortunate she doesn't always get them due to big sister obligations and such, but when she does, her behavior is drastically improved.
  • She is an awesome big sister.  You can see how much Cooper loves his Lexi.  She doesn't overwhelm or smother him.  She knows how to play with him and keep a little distance, which is what he really likes.  He gives her kisses more than mommy or daddy.  It is precious.  
  • Many friends stop by to see if she can play.  She is requested as often as Keira even though many of them are Keira's age or a little older.
  • I still think of Lexi as my baby because she has such a sweet, sensitive spirit.  There is so much innocence in her that I wish could stay forever.  She is content with being who she is and doesn't necessarily want to grow up too fast.  What she requires most is love and reassurance of that love.  Other than that, she doesn't ask a lot of questions about the world...yet.
  • Lexi's imagination is well-developed.  She loves make believe and plays it often.  That's probably where the princess dresses come in.  She loves fantasy and glamour.  
  • I have many people comment on her beauty; most often about her dark eyes.  She has beautiful eyes that light up even more with her smile.
I love how unique this sweet, spunky, crazy, funny, loving little girl is.  I'm so grateful for the little things she teaches me to become a better mom and better person.  Happy birthday little bub!

2 comments:

Gpa Paul said...

I miss her so much

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Such a cute little birthday girl! She is growing way too fast!