Thursday, November 21, 2013

August stuff - part 2

The girls had their first day of school.  Lexi started her second year of preschool and Keira started Kindergarten.  We lucked out with Lexi having the same preschool teacher as last year.  She doesn't usually adjust to change very well, but I'm beginning to think she may be growing out of that...at least I hope.  Keira was so excited to start this new endeavor.  I wouldn't say I was excited since this means my kids are growing up, but I can't say I got emotional.  I knew she was ready to be challenged and loves to try new things.  This girl loves to learn.  I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone love to soak up everything they possibly can and still want more.  It definitely makes my job easier.

Here are the cuties on their 1st days


























Lexi started a gymnastics class that she has been enjoying.  I hadn't taken pictures right off the bat, but do have some that I will share later.

Keira started soccer this year.  It was fun to have the only all girls soccer team in the league and make new friends in our neighborhood.
























Cooper was taking baths in the sink daily.  He makes such a mess when he eats that I find it easier and even keep soap by the sink.  I love that he figured out how to give himself a suds beard.  True story!





















Rick trained all summer for a Half Ironman in Utah Lake.  What an accomplishment!  We are so proud of him for doing such a great job!
























Lucky guy got a massage afterwards.  It's his favorite part.  Can you blame him?























We finished off the month in St. George.  Our close friends, the Jones', invited us to come stay at their parent's vacation home.  The Richard's also joined us.  It was great!  The house was laid out in such a way where each family had a bit of privacy in their own "wing" you could say.  It made it easier for little babies to get their naps and still have the older kids play as much as they want.  We spent most of the time in the pool, made a friend with a lizard, and went hiking one morning.  The Jones' have a brother that lives nearby so they were able to babysit all the kids (after they were in bed) so the adults could go out to dinner.











2 comments:

Gpa Paul said...

Congrats Rick.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Hurray for school AND hurray for Rick! That's awesome!