Friday, February 18, 2011

2nd Annual Valentine's Cookie Party

It's official! I will be continuing an annual cookie party each Valentine's Day as long as I can. It took over a week of planning with decorations, food assignments, food prep, cookie prep, and all the nitty-gritty's that come with throwing a party. But that's probably because I have inherited my father's need to be organized :) We had so much fun! The girls pretty much disappeared the entire time; hence, no pictures of me with either of them. But, I am so happy they had fun that I'll get over it. We had a surprise visit from Gramma Judy which made it a little more enjoyable for me to socialize with my friends instead of worrying about kids. Lexi wouldn't let her out of her sight! All in all, a great success!

A visit from cupid - I don't know if I want to do the party ON Valentine's Day again. It was a very busy morning with the visit from cupid and preparing for a party. Note to self.
Entry presentation: puzzle heart pins for the moms, flower suckers for the kids, and a little M&M snack for the road.

Where are all the kids you ask? Somehow they knew the playroom was downstairs, even if they've never been over before. We probably had around 15 kids show up. Party on!

Thanks Gramma for your help. Lexi couldn't wait to eat her cookies.
Coloring table for kids who made it upstairs.
Cutie cousins. We love our Livi!
To finish off a great day, Rick and I went out to dinner to Market Street Grill. Yummy fish! Then to a movie - Eagle. I was so tired that I kept falling asleep during the movie. It must not have been exciting enough for me to stay awake. Although, what I did see I was a little disappointed. But it was great to celebrate Heart Day with my hubby.

Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Amy Middleton said...

What a great party! Looks like the moms are having lots of fun too. And Liv & Lex are so cute together!!!!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Another successful party, good job! Looks wonderful!

Gpa Paul said...

Love the cousin pics. And yes, it looked very "organized"....

Rochelle said...

Your party looks so cute and fun! I wanna eat some cookies!