Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Catch up please!

It's such a lame excuse, but I have been meaning to ask Rick to download some videos we took for our trip to Montana and I just keep forgetting. Instead, you get 2 photos and it doesn't even describe how much fun we had. The video camera we have is super small so it's easy to stick in a jacket pocket; hence, more video than photographs. Bummer.

Rick is amazing. Out of the blue on a Thursday afternoon a few weeks ago he asked me if I might want to take a short trip to Montana because he found a package deal that would be ridiculous to pass up. So I called Gramma Judy to see if she could babysit so we could plan it. We were gone by Sunday afternoon. Talk about "flying by the seat of your pants"! We drove in a crazy snowstorm to be at Big Sky, Montana Sunday night. I slept most of the way because Sundays aren't always a day of rest. Many times it's a day of service :) Anyways, we spent 2 days snowboarding, a drive through Yellowstone, a quick stop at the Grand Tetons, and a relaxing night in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Back to Eden to pick up the girls by Wednesday night. It was awesome! Best powder at Big Sky Resort I think I've ever seen and Powder Mountain in Utah is pretty amazing. We had sushi in Jackson Hole and spent as much time in the hot tub possible because we had some sore muscles after 2 days of snowboarding.

I love having these great adventures with my hubby. He loves to try new things and I do too. Thank goodness, right?

3 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

You two look like something from a James Bond movie...I can hear the music now! Get-aways are good for the soul AND the marriage!

Rochelle said...

WHAT GORGEOUS MOUNTAINS! Glad you had fun with your sweetie!

Gpa Paul said...

Every second counts. Once they have passed, you never get them back. Go for it.