This was the best Sunday we've had in a long time. With the sickies constantly circulating, it's difficult for all of us to make all 3 hours of church. We had Stake Conference today which, I'll be honest, I sometimes dread ONLY because I have 2 toddlers that have LOTS of energy. Today, I was put in my place.
Rick and I always enjoy Stake Conference for the messages and Spirit that is there. Our Stake President is amazing! He's actually pretty young for being a Stake President (I think he's in his late 30's and has been in his calling since we've been here...so at least 3 1/2 years). So as I tried to prepare myself spiritually not knowing what to expect - whether I would be in the gym or in the "nursery" - I tried to not think too much of it. It wasn't until halfway through I realized how well we were doing! Keira didn't have to make a bathroom stop, Lexi was quietly giddy, and I got to listen to the whole conference!! The simple but profound message I received from the whole conference was how important each of our roles have in helping all of us back to Heavenly Father. We need to help each other - we don't need to nor can we make it Home without each other. The Stake President gave several examples of influential families in his life that teach and assist his family in reaching for eternal goals. I started to think how lucky I am to be surrounded by my amazing family and friends!
My absolute favorite part of the meeting, though, was when the closing hymn started, Keira was right there next to her Daddy singing the words to "I Am a Child of God". I couldn't help but cry. My nearly 3 year old "baby girl" is all growed up!! I felt such joy that I could only imagine what Heavenly Father feels when we do something right or know all the words to such an important song.
Happy Sunday!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A few sisters in our ward commented on something like that. Heavenly Father knows what we need and if we just pray and ask a lot of times (not always) He gives us what we need. In your case, feeling prepared for today. I love when babies help remind us of the simple things. They're getting so big!
What a tender post. We enjoyed conference as well. Sad we didn't see you!
I know the joy that you speak of, like when your children sing those sweet primary songs, or share their testimonies on their blogs. :)
Our lesson in Relief Society had that same message, "Oh, How We Need Each Other!" I'm so grateful that I have the support of wonderful family & friends to help me along this journey. I love Sundays like this!
(PS - thanks for the sweet email. I love you very much.)
Mommyhood looks good on you. Glad your glad for the simple every day miracles that bring us joy.
Post a Comment