Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cooper at 6 months

So Cooper turned 6 months at the beginning of April...ummm where has the time gone?  After we got passed the first few months of his life (which were hard), he has been the sweetest boy.  We thought we were battling reflux and even a period of colic.  He was never diagnosed, but we were able to make some adjustments which slowly changed the problems and eventually fixed them (or he grew out of them).  Apparently a baby can overeat.  When we learned this, I cut back on how much he was eating.  That helped immensely and when he did spit up, it was a normal amount.  Phew!  The colic was a very short phase and when we finally adjusted his eating habits, we could focus on his sleeping habits which seemed to make a difference in his somewhat colicky behavior.  Now we are at 6 months in age and what a cute boy he is!!

-Cooper is very ticklish.  Everywhere on his body is a target for getting giggles out of him.
-You know when he is excited because he starts flapping his arms.
-He smiles A LOT!
-He likes to sit A LOT.  He's not interested in rolling around much.  In fact, he forgets he can roll from his belly to his back so he gets frustrated when he thinks he is stuck.
-Cooper is an eater.  If mom or dad wasn't around, food would probably be his best friend.  He loves his cereal more than anything. 
-This little man has very little hair.  The hair he does have is light and in the sun, looks auburn.  I finally saw it for myself.  Maybe because I kept him indoors so much that his hair just looks brown when there's no sun shining on it.
-His little stork bites between his eyebrows and the back of his neck are prominent.  The one on his forehead is even more obvious when he gets excited.  He'll hold his breath for a second which pretty much turns his whole face red!
-Cooper enjoys some alone time.  I have had people comment on how well he does on his own.  I assume he enjoys it because he always has company, even if he doesn't want it.
-The big sisters LOVE the little brother.  I picture him being the peacemaker in the home. 
-He is not much of a snuggler.  He is always busy and wanting to see EVERYTHING all at once.  When you hold him, he is very rarely still.  I'm going to be in trouble when he starts walking.
-He pretty much has a new noise every few days.  Spitting, babbling, smacking...you name it.

Here are some snapshots of our little man.  He wasn't his usual smiley self since he probably used up his energy at church.  But he's still so darn cute!























If you look at the post date for this, it is more like he is 7 1/2 months now.  So a quick update on the busy little guy...

At 7 months, he started army crawling and pulling from sit to stand.  Less than 1 week later he learned to sit from laying down.  And about a week after that, he started to crawl.  Yes.  It is accurate to say this little guy is busy.  Now, there is no slowing down for him.  Oh and he now likes to pull himself up in the crib when he should be sleeping and whines because he hasn't figured out how to sit back down yet.  Poor kid.  He doesn't want to be a baby anymore.  He just wants to be a big kid already!  I really do wish sometimes time would just slow down and take a vacation.

3 comments:

Gpa Paul said...

love his pictures. cute cute boy.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Fun facts! Super-duper cute Cooper!

Michelle said...

I swear we just had these babies!! I'm dreading the crawling stage cuz I know she'll be into everything! Why can't they just always be babies!! He's adorable!!