Wednesday, October 24, 2012

September Swish

September came and went.  With the girls in school, me teaching, and Rick working, the whole month sort of breezed by. 

I am always looking for ways to make traditions in our family.  We wanted to make a tradition of going camping for Labor Day (last year was in our backyard), but this year needed to be a little different.  I was at the point in pregnancy where I couldn't sleep anywhere but a real bed.  Also, there were reports of rainstorms in the mountains which would have reduced the fun level a bit.  So I definitely lucked out when I suggested to Rick we spend the holiday in Park City and he was all over it!  My idea; His project.  He wanted to take the girls on the Alpine Slide and we knew they had a parade and other festivities so we made a weekend of it.  First stop was Seven Peaks.  These girls have always been no-fear little fishies. 















Later that day, Rick and I took turns doing a little shopping at the outlets while the girls napped in the car. we checked into our hotel and grabbed some dinner.  We were pretty wiped out.  The next morning we discovered the Park City Silly Market.  It's basically a farmer's market, but there were bounce houses and entertainment all free with the exception of donations.  The girls LOVE getting their faces painted.




















 
We took a short walk to a park which is now my FAVORITE park of ALL TIME!!  This seriously was the coolest park I have ever been to.























The girls were talking to each other through these cones.  So cute!















When the Alpine Slide opened, we headed over to the Park City resort base area to discover all kinds of festivities!  So we bought the day pass that included everything and spent the rest of the day playing (with a short break for a nap).  What a day!  The girls took turns on the slide and the rollercoaster with Daddy while I shuffled them around to various other activities.

















 This was one of the favorites - the trampoline!  And yes, we stayed until closing :)























 The next morning, Rick's boss had also happened to stay in Park City so we met up with them for a delicious breakfast at their hotel.  It was "fun" to ride the "Funicular" to the restaurant.














After breakfast, they humored me with a picture...looks like a family photo :)














 We finished our weekend with a parade for the princesses.  I was so happy we caught it because we missed all the other holiday parades this summer.


2 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I'd like to play on that trampoline myself...looks like a fun non-camping trip. :)

Gpa Paul said...

Way too much fun for one family