The rest of August continued to get even busier. I decided to accept a job as a preschool teacher since we were able to work out schedules where Rick could be home with the kids while I taught. Pretty sweet deal? I think so!
We also celebrated my 29th birthday. 29!! My last 20-something year. It's weird to think about since I don't feel 29, but I'm definitely happy with where life has led me. I am blessed with a wonderful, husband who teaches me the value of optimism (and many other things) daily. I have amazing children who teach me to be patient and humble, but to have fun, too. I am happy with what I have accomplished and excited for new challenges to come.
Since I was too pregnant to do a whole lot of activity for my birthday and Rick had to work part of the day, he surprised me with a 3 hour trip to the spa. I got my nails, facial, and hair did! Woohoo! He then took off the rest of the night so we could go to dinner. I love birthdays with my hubby.
We had some visitors from California. My sister and her family came to visit my mom, but stayed with us a couple days as well. As you can see we weren't very good about taking pictures of their actual visit. I love this picture of all the cousins watching a movie, though :) We also made it to the Dinosaur Museum.
It worked out great to have the Petersen's because they could come to cousin Brigham's baptism. I love being able to teach and show the girls about important ordinances we partake of in our church. Brigham asked Rick to give the talk on Baptism and, of course, he nailed it. Congrats Brigham!
Rick was working A LOT in August so we decided to squeeze in a trip to Gramma Judy's before school started and arrival of baby brother. We played at the beach and took advantage of a free day at the Ogden Nature Center. We learned about why we should like all species and ate worm pudding, talked to the wandering turkeys (every time the girls yelled to them, they would gobble back...it was hilarious!), sat in an eagle's nest, and observed creative birdhouses (the one pictured is the Ogden temple).
Our last highlight of August is SCHOOL! We had to make sure we took our traditional First Day of School photos! I can't believe both of my girls are in preschool. Where has the time gone? Love these squishy girls :)
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Busy month for you guys - love all the pix.
You guys truly go all the time....
Post a Comment