Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving & the beginnings of Christmas

Thanksgiving festivities are always more fun when someone else cooks :) Thanks Gramma Judy for the yummy food. We spent a couple days at Gramma & Grampa's house. A tradition is developing for playing in the snow on Thanksgiving. I like it muy much.

Keira was a machine! She told Gramma she wanted to go "a lot of times" so down she went and up she trekked.
Lexi only wanted to ride with Daddy. She was too light by herself so she didn't go very far. I finally talked her into going with me, but only once.
We helped with the table settings for Thanksgiving dinner. Our turkeys are cut from egg cartons and decorated with paint, feathers, pipe cleaner, and googly eyes. It holds nuts for each guest.
We returned home Friday to join the Lyman family for another Thanksgiving dinner. Love me some turkey.

Saturday we couldn't wait for Christmas decorations. It took us (more just me) 4 days to finish our Christmas decor. The girls decorated the bottom of the tree :)
Family night is becoming one of my favorite nights. We decorated our annual gingerbread houses (graham crackers this year) and the girls had an absolute blast. I love watching their creative minds work. Lexi decorated a house and Keira decorated a church.
I love these silly girls to pieces!

5 comments:

love, lowry said...

So fun! Leah, you look great!

rad6 said...

your girls are getting so big and cuter everyday! We want to go play in the snow in Eden sometime, that looks amazing! Love it. Love you... happy decorating and enjoying the magical season that this is!!!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Brrrrr...those pix in the snow make me cold! I did graham cracker gingerbread houses every year with my students, but we cheated - we constructed them around an individual sized milk carton (from school lunches) so they wouldn't collapse. :) Cure pix of the girls - can't wait to see them SOON!

Gpa Paul said...

Miss those thrill seeking crazy girls. Hope they remember me. Looks like they are havin plenty of fun. Look forward to seeing them soon.

The Horners said...

For the first time in my life I'm looking forward to the snow ONLY because Olivia wants so badly to build a snowman and I think she will really enjoy sledding! I will regret this statement in about a month. Looks like fun!