My calling in our ward is with the 10 - 11 year old Activity Days girls and we visited an assisted living home where the girls sang carols and gave cards to each resident that they had made at the previous activity. As I listened and watched these very mature girls, I again felt those feelings of joy and gratitude. They impressed me with their willingness to serve. I hope I can be as good an example to them as they are to me. I have learned so much from these young girls. Below, you can see the combination of groups so the ages range from 8 - 11 years as well as some of the leaders 6 year olds. They're like little angels :)
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Service
This topic has been on my mind as of late. When Gramma Judy came to hang with us with our elf-filled weekend, Rick and I took advantage and went on a double date with our close friends, Rachel and Joey. The original plan was to attend Rachel's charity party, but it was canceled due to the sickies of the other girls in charge. We planned to take food donations with us and fortunately our preparations were not in vain! The four of us decided we still wanted to donate our goods and found a nearby donation collector. Even though I didn't get to see who could have benefited from our donations, I had this incredible feeling of joy and gratitude. I'm reminded constantly of our blessings from the Lord. He knows what I need or sometimes even want and he finds a way to tell me how much he loves me by providing these things.
My calling in our ward is with the 10 - 11 year old Activity Days girls and we visited an assisted living home where the girls sang carols and gave cards to each resident that they had made at the previous activity. As I listened and watched these very mature girls, I again felt those feelings of joy and gratitude. They impressed me with their willingness to serve. I hope I can be as good an example to them as they are to me. I have learned so much from these young girls. Below, you can see the combination of groups so the ages range from 8 - 11 years as well as some of the leaders 6 year olds. They're like little angels :)
My calling in our ward is with the 10 - 11 year old Activity Days girls and we visited an assisted living home where the girls sang carols and gave cards to each resident that they had made at the previous activity. As I listened and watched these very mature girls, I again felt those feelings of joy and gratitude. They impressed me with their willingness to serve. I hope I can be as good an example to them as they are to me. I have learned so much from these young girls. Below, you can see the combination of groups so the ages range from 8 - 11 years as well as some of the leaders 6 year olds. They're like little angels :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is really nice, Leah. I wish more groups would do things like this more often throughout the year. I know my mom looks forward to having groups come & visit them.
Post a Comment