Keira had her school party and was asked to bring treats to share so they could do some trick-or-treating at school. She was a very organized helper and loved assisting me in our creative endeavor. I wonder where she gets her organizational skills...? I love it when I catch the gorgeous smile on camera!
When I first started asking Keira what she wanted to be for Halloween, it was simple. A Butterfly! As Halloween drew near, it slowly, shall we say, warped. She wanted to be a unicorn butterfly kitty; interpretation: unicorn butterfly and a kitty. The kitty part came from our neighbor that offered to let us use her past costumes which are super warm. Great for cold Halloween nights. I wasn't sure how to make the unicorn butterfly wish come true, but we did make her the cutest butterfly ever! Lucky for us, we have a wonderful friend, Nikki, who is making her way into the face-painting biz so she's always looking for subjects to practice on.
Keira with her teacher, Mrs. Covington

The following night we met up with our friends Andy and Kelly in Salt Lake. I'm not sure why I agreed, but we went to the haunted house up there. I don't particularly like being jumped at or stalked by zombies, but we had a blast! Kelly and I were easily scared. I couldn't help but laugh at ourselves every time we jumped because it was pretty hilarious.
For this particularly frightful night, we called our sitter Katie because she is quickly becoming a favorite. Did you ever see "Babysitters Club" or read the books when you were younger? I felt like I was taken back in time and had a real life experience with my own Babysitter Club member. I snapped a couple shots before we left of what projects they'd be up to while we were out because it was adorable. Katie is a very creative young woman and we love that she'll bring crafts to do with our kids. Best babysitter award in my book!
October is turning out to be one of my favorite months! To be continued...
3 comments:
I LOVE your costume. Hahaha. So clever. When my kids give up on family themes, I'm totally doing this. :)
Cuuuuuuttteee! Love your twister idea! Looks like Keira and Lexi had some exciting Halloween fun, too. :)
Great costumes. I could handle Ricks. You know how much I like Haloween
Post a Comment