Monday, May 9, 2011

WC 2011

Our annual tradition lives on! The women in my family have tried to keep a tradition of attending Women's Conference each April. It is a big conference that takes place at BYU-Utah where women from all over the world can come together to be uplifted and learn ways to become better women for ourselves and our families. I love it!! I especially love that I get to share the experience with these beautiful ladies:Of course, it's never complete without everyone able to come, but I'm grateful I get to hang with whoever can make it.

I learned a few things (or was just reminded) and thought I would document some of my favorites here:

-Heart-filled prayer is a choice; be unified with the Lord through prayer and obedience.

-Live the gospel as conspicuously as you can.

-If you really are happy, you should tell your face.

-Don't be discouraged - be satisfied with progress even if it's slow-going.

-Patience with others is Love; Patience with self is Hope; Patience with God is Faith.

-Have a Goal!

-Be a Content Communicator. Say what you want to say and mean it. Don't imply it; actually SAY it. Own your words!

-The greatest threat to marriage is criticism. Sincere praise changes behavior.

-Never view parenting as a popularity contest.

Although I was somewhat of a party pooper (I'd go to bed early), I still had an amazing time. Love you guys! Can't wait for next year!!

5 comments:

Gina Deceuster said...

I love that Patience quote! Do you remember who said it?

The Horners said...

Fun fun! Excited to participate next year!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Thanks for sharing your bullet points. It's so fun to see what messages each of us bring home. Thanks again for hosting...it's a highlight of my year. <3

Gpa Paul said...

I hope that more sisters come each year.....

Bassetts said...

I googled the quote cuz I didn't catch who said it - Adel Bestavros' name came up.