I'm in Utah for a little while just visiting and had a "moment" on my plane ride out here that I wanted to remember so I'm posting about to add to my virtual journal. I call it a moment only because it wasn't so much of an experience, but many realizations.
It happened on the 2nd leg of the flight when the girls were so tired that they zonked out. While Lexi slept in her carseat and Keira in my lap, I couldn't help but think about how wonderful my life is. I starting thinking about some things I was grateful for that day:
- A daughter that sleeps in her carseat
- While that daughter sleeps, I can cuddle with the other one while she is sleeping. Keira hasn't ever been much of a cuddle bug (luckily, Lexi's arrival changed that a bit), but I loved being able to hold her while she still fits in my lap.
- While holding Keira, my bum was getting numb and starting to creep into my legs - I'm grateful for the ability to have that feeling because it means I can use my legs to feel, walk, run, criss-cross, and bruise (a lot) :)
- 2 beautiful girls that bring so much meaning to my life
- A husband that works hard so we can have the finances to take such a fun trip to visit family
- A supportive husband that allows me to visit family even though he wants us with him :)
- Flight attendants that spoil my kids rotten with giant cookies, milk, snack packs...most of which come with a fee, but were given to us free.
- A flight attendant that volunteers to keep sleeping Lexi company in her carseat while I change Keira's diaper in the bathroom.
- A home somewhere other than Mississippi :)
- Friends that I always miss when I'm used to hanging out with them every day (Miss you Sandra and Adria)
These were just some things that crossed my mind while I had 30 minutes to reflect while my babies slept.
What are you grateful for?
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm grateful for my beautiful sister in law (inside and out) who helped me think of what I'm grateful for today! Love you!
When we flew out to MS Olivia slept the entire flight in my arms. Even though Liv is a snuggle bug, it was still a rare moment. I definitely miss that. Glad we were able to visit for a little bit the other day. We miss you guys. Come home already!
I repeat what Amy said "grateful for a niece who helped me think of what I'm grateful for today" -- you all look adorable and happy as can be.
This better be what my plane ride to Panama is like! Sounds like a wonderful moment :)
I'm thankful to Rick for letting his wife come visit me and for YOU putting forth all the effort flying your babies out too!!!! MISS YOU!!!
I have so many things to be thankful for and you and your family is at the top of the list.
When we moved to Arizona I had to fly 4 hours on the plane with all four kids by myself. They were unusually calm and the trip was unusually easy! I was so grateful for that!
Today I am grateful for the craziness they bring to my life because it keeps me on my toes and I have learned countless lessons from my children! It's amazing!
Cute post! Your girls are growing too fast. They are so cute!
I am grateful for children (like you) who love being a parent & take this sacred responsibility to heart.
Post a Comment