Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Look for the bare necessities...

Lynda, Rick's mom, joined us this week (as did brother Dallin) to paint us an amazing mural in our playroom. Boy, what a masterpiece! It turned out incredible! Now, I do not have an artistic eye so this was much bigger and more impressive than I could have ever imagined. While Lynda was busy painting her masterpiece, Dallin helped Rick do twice the work in half the time in the basement. We started finishing our basement back in October and we're almost finished! Just a few touch-ups, bathroom accessories, and flooring. We have been so busy that I'm worn out just thinking about it. Here are pictures of the playroom...

Hup 2, 3, 4, Pick it up 2, 3, 4...
Trust in me, just in me...
We are friends til the bitter end...Look for the bare necessities...
and King Louie's temple is a built in playhouse created by Rick
I wanna walk like you, talk like you, you-oooThe wolves cave is the entrance to a secret room under the stairs
We were joined by Rick's dad, Craig, and sister, Elise, for the weekend to see cousin Annalise get married in the Salt Lake City temple. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera (once again - it's becoming a usual occurence these days) so I didn't get any pictures of the wedding or of my cute baby girl all in pink. The colors for the wedding were hot pink and black. Keira wore a pink polka dot dress that, by coincidence, matched Rick's cousins girls. They looked like flower girls all dressed the same. Too funny!

20 comments:

Middleton said...

That is amazing... I didn't read your wording at first and I was wondering why you put clips from the movie on here. Wow! What a fun room - can't wait to see it in person some day!

The Holyoaks said...

How cute! Macy would go nuts in there. She loves Jungle Book.

Mindy said...

That is so awesome! I have a friend who has a playroom under the stairs..I think it's such a cool idea! Keira is so adorable!

Lauren Tatton said...

oh my that is so so amazing! You are a lucky girl! Im so happy for you!

kelly ferg said...

Wow, that will be so fun for your family. Amazing job.

Ashley said...

She did an amazing job!!!
Leslie was telling me all about it. We need to come over and see it.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Holy Over-achiever!!! Absolutely, incredible! So, when you move back to CA, can you bring the room with you? ;) Can't wait to see it in person!

Gina Deceuster said...

Wow, that's amazing!!

Anonymous said...

That playroom is gonna be the talk of the town/ward/neighborhood!!! What an amazing talent...I wish I could do something like that. SO COOL!

Tanya said...

oh my gosh that is so dang cute, they can totally come do some at my house =)

Baguleys said...

They look amazing. how fun to have such a cute playroom

The McGraths said...

That is awesome! She needs to come do my house next!!! Way to go rick on the playhouse, the girls will love it!!!

missy said...

Hey! I just saw your blog page on somebody elses and wanted to say how cute and big your "little" girl looks!! And congrats to you guys on number two!! What a cute play area! (this is jason streiffs wife)

EricksonFamilly said...

Hey it's Bobbi Dan's Wife I hope you don't mind I got your Blog off of cy and whitneys sit. Your Play room looks awsome your guys did a great job. Would you guys like to come and paint my toy room??
(he,he). If your intrested our blog site is kimberleyandbrigham.blogspot.com

MaryAnne and Thayne said...

That is so AWESOME!! I bet it looks even better in person.

Rebecca said...

That is going to be the coolest playroom ever! I wanna come play!

Donna said...

Lynda has a ridiculous amount of talent! Thanks for letting us come see the room.

Court and Britt said...

WOW that is SO neat!! She is one talented lady:)

Whitney said...

Wow that is amazing! I hope Remi will be invited over to play :)

rad6 said...

Can I just say WOW!!!!!!!!! That is talent!!!!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!