Thursday, September 11, 2008

In memory of...

I received an email from my Mom that I just checked last night about flying the American flag today in memory of those who died from the September 11 attacks. I am sad to say that we don't have our flag yet (we couldn't find one yesterday), but hope this kind of makes up for it. So this flag is flying on our behalf - to remember those who unfairly lost their lives and to the loved ones who suffered those losses.

I am so grateful to live in this country. I am grateful for the freedoms we enjoy and even more grateful for those who fight for those freedoms that we may continue to enjoy them each day. It kind of sucks that we live in a world of war, but I guess it just reminds me that Man is not perfect and desires worldly things. I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ alive in my life and for the knowledge of His plan - that I may be united with my family in the eternities - and that death is not the end. I love my Savior and I know we can live with Him someday.

4 comments:

Gina Deceuster said...

Proud to be an AMERICAN!!

Unknown said...

We do live in a wonderful country! I don't know if I ever told you that I was on my mission at Temple Square when Sept 11th happened. It was such a hard day and so many people were there because their flights were canceled. I will never forget that day the spirit was so strong and everyone from that was there was united and one!

Wiseguys said...

glad you got home! Having a sick child is awful:) Madison tends to throw up quite often and I hate it! There is nothing worse than trying to take care of someone who doesn't know that what they need to do is just rest. Good luck.

Rebecca said...

This is a sweet post. Yeah, give me a call or I will have Ryan try again! I can't wait to meet little Keira!