Monday, May 5, 2008

Busy Bees

I can't believe we've only been here 2 weeks and how busy things have been. Connecticut is so beautiful! We've had a few rainy days, but when it's sunny, it's absolutely gorgeous! It's so green here - not like Utah. Utah is still getting snow from what I hear. Phew! I'm glad I'm not there :) Rick has felt like the start of selling season has been quite successful and looks forward to seeing the improvement in his team. He's been focusing a lot on his guys so he hasn't quite lived up to his nickname "Cuatro", but I know when he's able to focus on himself more he'll do it with no problems. It's so neat to see how talented he is as a salesman and a leader. I'm so proud of him everyday. His "theme" this year is based on Will Ferrell character's. Every guy on the team will have their face pasted onto a Will Ferrell body. Hence, the following picture as his first experiment:
If anyone knows Rick, they'll remember he is the biggest Will Ferrell fan alive. As funny as the picture is, he did post it in the office so it's for real. What a crazy boy he is! I love him though. The boys get a kick out of it.

As for me, I've decided I don't function very well working full-time in the office, entertaining wives, and playing "manager's wife" so I decided to focus on preparing for baby Keira Nicole to arrive. 1 month to go! After making a list of items I still need to pick up for the preparations, I have come to the disappointing reality of how expensive a baby is going to be. This is just the beginning! The exciting reality, though, is what an amazing experience and blessing she is going to be when she joins our family. My emotions have become more surfaced as we approach the due date and I find myself trying to make sense of it all. My family, who knows me best, will not be surprised by this because I have always been very emotional. I think it's a mix between excitement, anxiety, discomfort, sleep deprivation and most importantly, joy. How else can you describe it? I'm sure mothers of the world can certainly understand what I'm feeling.

This week, I've been busy baking goodies with the wives. One of them had their birthday this weekend so we celebrated by going to dinner and with birthday cake. We have some very talented girls out here this summer. Also, we took a nice Sunday drive to New Haven with our friends. We spent some time on the beach and walked the Yale University campus a little bit. Don't mind the look I'm sporting. It's quite the scraggly look, but I wasn't happy with my last haircut so I'm still trying to figure out my hair. I miss my sisters' expertise!

13 comments:

The Horners said...

amen sister.

Wiseguys said...

so fun! Way to get things ready. I finally started really getting things ready today. It makes me so excited to get the baby here! And yes, they are expensive, but worth every, single penny.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

LOVE the pix...it's exactly how I imagined the New England cost to look...the lighthose, a sailboat, etc. As for the extra emotions...you are entitled to these extra tender feelings. It says so right in the front of that book we sent you, "The Perfect Formula for Pregnancy & Parenting." You did get it didn't you? :)

Middleton said...

I totally missed this post... well I'm glad I found it and glad to hear how you are feeling. Emotion overload is so understandable and so going to last a long time. Tell Rick this is just the begining.

Love you,
Amy

karen garner said...

What precious pictures. Can't believe you're down to the last month (but I'll bet you can believe it). Glad work is going good for Rick - we sure miss you.

The Holyoaks said...

I think Heavenly Father makes it uncomfortable for pregnant women to sleep so that we don't get used to it! He's preparing you for all the restless nights once the little squirt arrives. It's rough but oh so wonderful! You will see so very soon!

Kings said...

you two are so cute. I'm so excited for you guys!

Baguleys said...

Sounds like fun out there! Glad you are busy and having a good time. good luck with the last month. let me know if i can do anything for you.

Court and Britt said...

How fun!! It looks beautiful there!! Babies(kids) are DANG expensive, but so much fun. You guys will be great parents, we look forward to seeing what your sweet little gal looks like!!

Happy 1st mothers day:)!!

Wiseguys said...

This color rhymes with "urple"

Wiseguys said...

The pen is mighter!

Rebecca said...

I can't believe baby Bassett is almost here! I'm excited!

Vanessa said...

Isn't it so pretty there?