Mother's day was so fun this year. Both of the girls had programs at school and sang cute songs for me. Keira's was first. She sang a song called "I wish I had a little red box" and then "That's my mother". Our little starlet is always heard above others and this was no different. I love her confidence. I hope she holds on to it forever. Lexi performed later that morning and she sang cute little songs "I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee" and also "That's my mother". She was so cute and acting shy, even though you'd never think that at home. I love the little questionnaires they fill out with the kids answers. Some of their answers are totally classic.
My refrigerator was complete with the personal questionnaires from the girls and their mother's day cards. I love them!
While I was enjoying these sweet programs, Rick was dropping Cooper off with Gramma Judy so that we could take the girls to Las Vegas for the weekend. Yes it was sad to leave Cooper on Mother's Day, but he would have had way more fun at Gramma's house anyway. When we arrived we went straight to sushi. We discovered a sushi restaurant on the strip a few years back and make sure we stop for happy hour whenever we go. I love happy hour in Vegas. It's usually dinner hours which works perfect for us! Later, we checked into our hotel, The Encore at The Wynn. This hotel is gorgeous!
I took Keira to see the Cirque du Soleil, Le Reve, for an early birthday present and it was a mother's day present to me. Lexi needed to be 5 to go so she hung out with Daddy while Keira and I had a date. I love CdS!! This is one of my favorites, too. We also went swimming, enjoyed walking through shops, and FINALLY got to do the Adventuredome. Last time we went, they were doing renovations so it wasn't open. The girls had a ball!
I can't get enough of my family. Being a mom to my little gems is so rewarding, challenging, fun, educational, and much more. I have a wonderful husband who is an amazing dad and I love that I get to raise these kids with him and have them all for eternity. Happy Mother's Day to me! And to all you wonderful mothers out there too. It's the best job in the world!
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Fun Vegas trip!
Viva Las Vegas! Looks like you found some great places for family fun!
Vegas seems to be your go to vacation. So Fun.
Post a Comment