Tuesday, August 28, 2012

July - Half Two

Word got to us that 7-11 does free slurpees on July 11 (7/11) so of course we had to check it out.  It's one of our favorite treats.  Here we are enjoying FREE slurpees!!  Woohoo!






















Rick's cousin, Natalie, was cast in the play Sleeping Beauty at a local musical theater.  We were so excited that we couldn't help but show our support...princess dresses and all.  It was so cute and only an hour long which was perfect for kids.  The girls loved every second.























One of our favorite visitors to Utah is our friend Ruth.  She's like a big sister in our family.  What is even more fun is that she has 6 kids, but she has a Kiera (spelled different than ours) and a Leah.  Great names, right?  Anyways, when she stopped in at Gramma Judy's house for a couple days we went to crash the party.

Boating and swimming is always a must when we visit Eden.




We also have more than our fair share of snow cones.


Next up was a trip to California for my family reunion.  And not just any reunion...this was all the extended family on my Dad's side (with a few exceptions of pregnant momma's or newborn babies).  Most people were able to come and boy was it crazy!  But a fun crazy to make that clear.  There were some cousins I haven't seen in 5 years!

I wasn't the best about taking a lot of pictures, but I hope I got the gist.  This is where you could find Lexi the most and Keira the most.


My aunts' put on some games for the kids to play.  What a hoot!  Lexi thought it was a lot more fun just to squeeze the water over her head instead of passing it on.

I think my favorite was the California snowballs (nylon socks filled with flour).  What a fun mess :)  Aunt Terri was nice to play the water balloon toss with Keira. 



Once again, here Lexi is and she has reeled in cousin Kaden to play with her.

A couple of Keira's highlights was riding on the ATV with Daddy and kayaking on the river.  Down the river and hanging from a bridge was a rope swing and, of course, Daddy grabbed the rope, Keira climbed up the front of his body, hung from the rope, and dropped into the water.  Thrill seekers anyone?





















Lucky for us, Uncle Ty used his professional camera skills to take action pictures on the river.  I love the look on Keira's face and love even more how much she trusts her Daddy.

Phew!  I think I caught up on July.  August is coming soon...

2 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I'm glad your girls are comfortable in the water...it's a great way to spend summers. So glad Rick finally gets to have a summer!

Gpa Paul said...

Yeah reunions. But makes me miss everyone more