Friday, August 19, 2011

Birthdays and Surprises

Another birthday has come and gone, but this was a memorable one. Rick took us to get "birthday" donuts and we found this cute little donut shop, which are actually hard to find around here. When we got home, we got a "birthday" bike ride in and a short visit to the park.

Gramma Judy came to watch the girls so Rick and I could spend half the day in Park City and, of course, she brought me the traditional "birthday" ice cream cake and did not disappoint. I'm bummed I didn't get a pic of me and my mom. We headed to Park City where we enjoyed hours of shopping, the Ziprider, and a yummy steak dinner, topped off with cheesecake. This is more sweets in one day than I eat in a week. I love birthdays!

While we were taking the chairlift to the Ziprider, Rick got a call from the employer he has been interviewing with and asked if they could talk the next day. So...the next day rolls around and they offered him a job! We were so excited! Rick has been interviewing with School Improvement since the end of June and between their busy schedule and our vacations, assignments to complete for the interview, interviewing with several executives, and surviving the background check and aptitude test, it took a long time for this to come about. Of course, with our change in employment, we were in no hurry. This is the first summer we've been in Utah since we were dating so we were ready to enjoy the ENTIRE summer. And we did!

Celebrated Rick's new job at Pistol Pete's. Yeah!

1 comment:

The Horners said...

You're a blogging machine! Keep em coming! We went to park city last year for my birthday. Loved the zipline! Glad you had a great day and congrats to Rick!