Thursday, April 14, 2011

T's shower

My sister, Terri, is having her first baby boy so i convinced her to let me throw her a shower (with some help from her hubby) and just make it simple. I love baby showers! I love to try new or used ideas for experimenting on gifts. I had so much fun with Terri's shower even as simple as it was. We met her guests at Paradise Bakery (yum!) to celebrate the little guy's soon arrival (we hope soon and not late). Here is some of the "evidence":

I discovered this idea online and added my own twist to it. I call it a "baby bouquet". The items are supposed to look like flowers as in a flower bouquet. It's a fun present anyway :) There are 2 outfits, a hat, diapers, washcloths, and blankets as well as the box that it all sits in. Maybe a fun "accessory" box for all the little items we collect for babies.
Me and my sister
Friends and family - apparently I picked the week that everyone was out of town. We still had a blast! She got some cute stuff. Whoever said there aren't cute clothes for little boys is crazy!
Can't wait to meet the little guy, T!

6 comments:

The Horners said...

It was a great party! Thanks so much!!! Just what I needed.

Chris Holyoak said...

You're sweet, Leah. Love you.

Chris Holyoak said...

Ummmm . . . Jill, not Kiff! Hahahahahaha

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

You are so clever - love the baby basket arrangement.

Gpa Paul said...

Nice to have family close. Your ideas looked great.

Vanessa Brown said...

Oh fun!! i would have totally come!