Wow. What other word is there. We have been crazy busy that I'm not sure if I have my head on straight.
-Rick left. It hasn't even been a week, but we miss him SO much! He left Friday morning thinking he would get there sometime Sunday. Saturday night the rear suspension gave out so he stayed in the Memphis area until the car could be fixed. It turns out the dealership didn't have service hours on Sunday so he had to wait until Monday to have it fixed and finally back on the road again this morning. Luckily he's an optimistic guy. Since we were just there last summer, he showed the 3 guys he was with around town. They went to a basketball game, walked Beale Street, and had some yummy BBQ which would have been at Rendezvous (best ribs EVER), but they aren't open Sundays. After all that fun, they woke up this morning only to discover the trailer with brother Cameron's bullet bike had been stolen. Wow. Really? SO NOT COOL! But, again, Rick being optimistic is looking forward and hoping for the best. Soon he should be arriving in South Carolina and start his crazy work schedule once again.
-Our ward split a couple of weeks ago which is funny because our boundaries aren't very big to begin with. We had more than 600 people, though, so it was only a matter of time. I have been released as secretary in the RS presidency. That was a very sad day. I think I feel like a part of me is missing now like this calling defined me a little bit. I have found, after tears and reflection, that this is a good thing because I learned so much about myself and how to serve others than I ever have in my whole life. The lifestyle we lead is very up and down in this way. For 4 months, I focus on my family and that's about it. When we are home for the other 8 months of the year, I focus on more than that i.e. callings at church, friends, home maintenance, and so forth. It's kind of this double life. But through this calling I have learned that by serving others, I can teach my children the value of unselfishness. Let's hope I can continue to improve even without this calling :)
-General Conference was last week. I find that I cherish the talks I can listen to because I can miss so much of it when I have divided attention. Thank goodness for DVR and the Ensign. I love our prophet, President Monson - always have. It's like he directs his teachings directly to me. I love having church leaders today, called by the inspiration of God, to lead this church in this imperfect world.
-We have spent a lot of time with friends. This has been a huge blessing because, as of 3 weeks ago, Lexi finally likes nursery! For over a month, Rick and I swapped staying with her because not only would she cry, but she wouldn't stop. Thus, the extra exposure to other kids. Hallelujah! It's not that I'm trying to get rid of her, it's that I want her to learn the importance of independence. Yes, she's young, but why not start early, right? She is approaching age 2.
-Rick and I got one more day of snowboarding in before he left. Yes!! I still love it tons, but I definitely cannot make it a whole day anymore. Which is great because I can enjoy it for 4 hours so the price of the lift ticket is totally worth it! Plus, I'm not uber sore the next day. Keira informed us she wants to go "skateboarding" too, but with sad, teary eyes when we told her she wasn't old enough. In a couple years babe!
-Lexi thinks she's ready for potty training. She's been "taking care of business" pretty well with very few accidents, but I expect this to be a phase. I'm not trying to potty train her especially since we leave soon for the summer, but I cannot keep her clothes AND diaper on! It's driving me bananas so I decided to go with it and just be on my toes. We'll see what happens.
-Keira is too smart for her own good. She constantly asks about school and I have to remind her that she gets to go when she is 3. What am I going to say when she turns 3 and we still have to wait 3 months before she actually gets to go? Boy am I in trouble!
-Included in the extra playtime with friends is a babysitting swap. This has been going on for a couple months and it is awesome! I have 2 other friends that we each take turns watching each other's kids so we can work out, run errands, doctors appointments, clean house, or whatever uninterrupted for 2 hours a day up to 3 days a week. I find I get enough done that I can spend quality time with my girls when they return home. Thanks Jess and Serene. I love ya!
-Apologies for the lack of pictures. Sometimes I just got to get it all down and this is the best place for me since I don't keep any other journal.
Yes, our lives are crazy, but it's ours. I wouldn't trade it for anyone else's. Oh, and yes, I expect it to get even more crazy :)
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Life gets busy but it's great to see you are enjoying this journey! Can't wait to see you in just a few short weeks!
Yes, your head is on straight or you wouldn't have such adorable blogs --- fun to catch up -- the girls have grown up so much and are just too too too beautiful -- loved all the different blog happenings
Busy busy. Love you.
Very thought provoking and great introspection. I understand the two lives thing. You make the most of them while your in each one. sounds like you are doing a great job.
Post a Comment