Waiting for fireworks to start
Friday, July 31, 2009
4th of July without Daddy?
We spent our 4th of July this year with Gramma Judy and Grampa Steve. It was so different from past years because we always celebrate with Daddy, but he was working hard in Arkansas while we played in Eden with grandparents and the Davis family (long time friends we knew back home in San Jose). It took me forever to post this because I had like 400 pictures to sift through and I dreaded having to pick and choose. There were so many great shots. So this is the best I could do - still a lot of pictures!
Mom and Keira just hangin out
Our impromptu wading pool. We were ready to go on the boat, but the battery was dead! So we just hung out in the front yard instead.
Ruth Davis and my little Keira (Ruth has her own - spelled Kiera - but she was at EFY all week)

We stopped at a beach after a short boat ride. This little girl cannot get enough of water! Cutest thing ever!
Me and Gramma Judy
Cowboy poetry from a real cowboy. We call him Cowboy Steve. He really recited his own poetry from experiences as a cowboy. It was a really cool FHE activity.
Pretty cool, huh?
Gramma and Keira
She even warmed up to the boys! Brad (one of Ruth's kids) was so cute with her.
Trying a new family game - Whoonu. Super cute and super fun!
Keira loved the dollhouse and all the dolls that Gramma had. Guess it's finally time to get her her own doll, huh? It's just one of those things that keep slipping my mind. Thank goodness for smart grandparents!
Keira at the animal farm. She was adorable!! I can't believe how much she loves animals. She fed them and held them. Never once did she get scared. She even got excited when she discovered there were more at every corner. All the animals recently had babies so she loved seeing the itty bitty animals.

She didn't want to get off this horse. So funny. And yes, Gramma Judy is on the other side to make sure she doesn't fall. You can't even see her!
Andrea, Keira, and Leah. Yes Ruth has her own Kiera (again spelled differently than my little Keira) and Leah in her family. It was very confusing. These girls just gobbled up the baby girl though. Of course, Keira couldn't get enough of the girl time and attention.
She gnawed on this for like a half an hour. Like mother, like daughter. I love corn too.


Here is the only shot of Kiera Davis and Keira Bassett that I got. We had one day with her when she finished her week at EFY. I think little Keira was getting sick of the life jacket.
Heading back to the dock. Keira wanted to drive so badly that she got mad whenever Gramma tried to steer. Stubborn little goober!
The entire Davis clan - (L to R, top to bottom) Brad, Taylor, Rod, Kiera, Andrea, Ruth, Jared, and Leah. We had such a blast with them. I haven't seen Ruth for years so it was fun to have almost an entire week with her and her family. Thanks for the great week guys and of course, lovin' on little Keira so much. We're going to miss you.
And, of course, the fun week we had wouldn't have happened without Gramma Judy and Grampa Steve. Thanks for making our 4th of July vacation so fun. It was hard being away from Rick, especially since we knew he was working so hard in Arkansas, but are always so grateful for him. He takes such good care of us. Miss you Daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad you had fun! But I'm super bummed I don't get to see you this week. BTW - I don't get how it is possible for you to be so stinking pretty when you are about to pop???? Go Leah! Now have that little baby and bring her here so we can meet her!
what a fun time! glad rick is back home with you now!
Looks like y'all had a great time - glad you were able to keep busy while you were apart from Rick. Hope that little one gets here soon, we are missing you this week. Hugs to Keira.
Leah,
That is the stinkin' cutest lil' swim suit you got keira!! We miss you girls!
Tell your mom hi and it was sure great to see cute pictures of her and see how young she has stayed.
Post a Comment