We have had a lot going on, but not a lot of pictures to prove it. Since our last post, we have had a few visitors keeping us busy. We had my parentals, sister Cindi and her son Jake to visit for almost a week. They came for a wedding, but ended up getting more than what they asked for. My Dad helped Rick paint the nursery, my sister and Jenny Mom threw me a baby shower, and we got to witness cousins Becca & Ryan's baby blessing all in the same weekend.
The next week was the Bassett parentals and brother Dallin for almost a week as well. They came for a Bassett cousins wedding, but got to be here for another baby shower for me (family members only). Pictures are pending... During the Sunday they were here, Rick and I got to attend another baby blessing for cousins Thayne & Maryann's new baby. Babies everywhere! 10 days later, the Bassett parentals returned only to come for another wedding - only this time it was a Lyman cousin (Rick's mom's side).
In between that time, we hosted an FHE for some French elders Rick served with and we sold our puppies :( It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Lucky and Lucy were only in our lives for a year, but they were a huge part of it. So many people think we are crazy until they hear the reasons why: we move too much, travel too much, and bringing a newborn baby into our home would have created jealousy, and in turn, frustration for me. It was so fun while it lasted, but I know that the family that adopted them will be able to give them what they really need. I feel better knowing they are with such a wonderful family.
On a lighter note, we are getting ready for the summer as it nears. Rick has a great team and I have been busy with baby-related stuff. I already have a doctor, hospital, and pediatrician locked into place. Thank goodness for the Relief Society! Rick always asks me after Relief Society if we created "relief" and they certainly have for a new mom moving across the country in her 34th week of pregnancy! We aren't living in the same place I mentioned before, therefore, it's a new hospital as well. We'll be living in Vernon, CT which is about 1/2 hour east of Hartford. The hospital is in Manchester which is less than 10 minutes south of Vernon. We're so excited to live in New England!
7 comments:
i don't know if it's just the pic or what but ur so little! then i said well maybe she's grown since her shower. so, post a recent photo so i don't feel so big k? looks like it was a fun party, wish i could have been there!
Yeah...glad to see your update! But where are the pictures of the "laby bugs?" It's not like you're trying to move across country or anything...waiting patiently...I know I'm annoying, but I'm just so excited to see the finished product!
We pass right by Vernon all the time when we're headed up to Boston, I'm excited to be able to come visit after you move.
You look great and look like you even feel great!!!
I think the shirt is deceiving Terri. Trust me. I've grown a lot since the shower. I promise :)
We loved living in New England for a couple years, it is so beautiful, but humid though!! good luck :) I am sorry to hear that you had to give your doggies away BUT that is so great of you to make sure they went to a good family.
We loved living in New England for a couple years, it is so beautiful, but humid though!! good luck :) I am sorry to hear that you had to give your doggies away BUT that is so great of you to make sure they went to a good family.
Crazy, crazy, busy. Keep having tons of fun! I'm so excited about the baby! Love you!!
Post a Comment